The Blood Service is proud to have served the Australian healthcare sector for more than 80 years. Over this time, we have developed state-of-the-art scientific, medical and manufacturing capabilities and established a national infrastructure that is world-class, including testing, quality consulting, supply, storage, research and development, and more.
- Transfusion specialists
- Quality assurance experts
- Regulatory affairs experts
- Nurses and more.
State-of-the-art good manufacturing practice (GMP) facilities
- Facilities in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth
- Research and development, clean rooms, cold chain logistics and more.
- Over 100 donor centres receiving 1.3 million donations each year
- 103,000 deliveries each year
- Cold chain logistics.
- GMP manufacturing facilities licensed by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- Laboratories accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA)
- Capacity for over 4 million blood tests each year, including red cell reference, nucleic acid testing, infectious disease serological screening and more.