To improve the lives of patients through the power of humanity.
To perform a critical role in healthcare by providing a safe, secure and cost effective supply of quality blood products, essential services and leading edge research to meet the needs of patients.
At the Blood Service, how we go about our work and treat other people is just as important as what we do. We have established a set of values, which describe how we need to behave in order to achieve our vision and mission.
- Integrity: We act honestly and ethically at all times.
- Safety and Quality: We make safety and quality part of everything we do.
- Service: We focus on meeting the needs of patients, the community, customers, donors, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Collaboration: We work together to achieve our goals.
- Accountability: We take ownership of our actions and behaviours to ensure we achieve our goals.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do.